- Deadline 10/03/2017 10-03-2017 10-03-2017 68 Web Residencies 2017 – Call No.1 Web Residencies In 2017, Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart and the ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe will announce three calls for »Web Residencies« with different topics designed by invited curators. »Web Residencies« are […] Organizer Organizer e-mail true DD/MM/YYYY
- Country Germany
- Organisation Schlosspost
Web Residencies 2017 – Call No.1
In 2017, Akademie Schloss Solitude, Stuttgart and the ZKM | Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe will announce three calls for »Web Residencies« with different topics designed by invited curators. »Web Residencies« are carried out exclusively online, the works will be presented and documented on www.schloss-post.com and web-residencies.zkm.de.
The »Web Residencies« program was initiated by Akademie Schloss Solitude in 2016 to support young talents from the international digital scene as well as artists of all disciplines who deal with web-based practices to present the process and results of their work online.
Learn more about the program.
All formats accepted: e.g. websites, installations and software, applications, etc., presentation slides, videos, writing, social media projects (on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, etc.). If specific software/environments are needed, please contact us in advance.
For each call three to four people or teams will be selected by the curator for a four-week »Web Residency,« which is rewarded with 500 USD to support the realization of a project during a four-week long web residency. In addition to this, a shortlist of the best contributions will be published online.
Submit your project concept in the form of:
– a headline
– a concept text in English (1000-1500 characters incl. spaces)
– a header image (high resolution, landscape format, i.e. 1500x1125px)
– a short bio in English (500 characters incl. spaces)
– a portfolio PDF (images, text, links)
Application period: 27.02. – 10.03.2017
Jury selection: 10.03. – 14.03.2017
Web Residencies: 20.03. – 17.04.2017 (4 weeks)
Tatiana Bazzichelli is the artistic director and curator of the Disruption Network Lab and a researcher on hacktivism, net culture, and whistleblowing.
Former Solitude fellows or students may also apply. No age limit.
Applicants for the web residencies are welcome to participate in a maximum of three calls. Different projects must be submitted for each call.
© Khoj International Artists' Association, all rights reserved | Designed & Developed by naorem