- Deadline 31/07/2016 31-07-2016 31-07-2016 68 The Experience House: Creating Immersive Spaces in Residence Before you submit your application, please ensure you’ve read our handy Application Guide! Please find the Khoj Building floor Plan and Images Here Khoj International Artists’ Association invites applications from practitioners working within the […] Organizer Organizer e-mail true DD/MM/YYYY
- Country India
- Organisation Khoj International Artists' Association
The Experience House: Creating Immersive Spaces in Residence
Before you submit your application, please ensure you’ve read our handy Application Guide!
Please find the Khoj Building floor Plan and Images Here
Khoj International Artists’ Association invites applications from practitioners working within the field of immersion, across mediums of visual art, theatre, performance, games, music, sound, literature, and architecture, to create two large scale immersive spaces at Khoj and its vicinity over the duration of one month. The applications should be works in progress with a project roadmap for the one month to be spent in residence, and an idea of the final iteration of the project at the end of the residency. The applications should also include an approximated budget for the final iteration at Khoj.
Immersion is by no means a new concept. It has found various iterations across cultural history — stream of consciousness literature, cinema halls, contemporary virtual reality video games etc use various degrees of immersion as a direct channel of communication with audiences. Immersion transcends the inability of a cultural medium to provide a near-real experience to the viewer. It is a means of making the viewer a witness and participant in the event, the show, the spectacle, in the most involved manner, blurring all traditional boundaries between the actor and the spectator, the watcher and the watched. The modes of immersion can be varied, through fashion and costumes, through scripted spectatorship models or even technological innovation in creating virtual reality spaces.
Applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applications for The Experience House” in the subject line.
Application material should include the following:-
- Project Proposal
- Images, detailed write up and video of work in progress
- Approximate breakdown of overall production budget (not exceeding 3500 USD)
- CV and previous works of applying individuals/groups
Last date for applications: July 31, 2016
Details of Residency
Residency Dates: October 15 – November 15, 2016 (Residency dates are subject to change according to the changes in the programme calendar at Khoj)
Selected applicants/ groups will receive a production budget, daily living allowance, studio space and accommodation at Khoj, as well as curatorial and administrative support to realize proposed projects. Khoj supports national and international travel for selected applicants where possible. International applicants are encouraged to seek support for travel where possible.
© Khoj International Artists' Association, all rights reserved | Designed & Developed by naorem